To students going to study in France : Campus France guides you through your administrative procedures in France

Dear students, a number of you are leaving for France in September to continue or begin your studies. Campus France is committed to helping you with the numerous but essential administrative procedures so that your stay in France takes place in the best possible conditions.


You will find on the link below tutorial videos in French with English subtitles to teach you the administrative procedures to be carried out before and after your arrival in France:



‘CVEC’ (Contribution Vie Etudiante et de Campus): It is mandatory to pay this contribution to enroll definitively in your university. You can make the payment online from this link: https://cvec.etudiant.gouv.fr/ PLEASE NOTE: exchange students registered only in their home institution are not affected by this requirement. More information in video.


‘VISALE’: This is a free rental guarantee covering you for the entire duration of the rental of your accommodation in France. It is compulsory if you do not have a guarantor in France, a condition required to be able to rent an apartment in a student residence or in the private sector. You can get it even before finding accommodation on this website: https://www.visale.fr/. More information in video.


Social Security: Affiliation to social security is free and compulsory for all students. Once you are definitively registered in your higher education establishment, you can connect to the AMELI website with the following link: https://etudiant-etranger.ameli.fr/#/. More information in video.


Health insurance: two videos to inform you about the health insurance system in France, which you will benefit necessarily and for free as soon as you arrive on French territory. For this, there are a few steps to take. More information in video.


Bank account: Opening a bank account in France is not mandatory but can be very useful, especially if you plan to get a student job in France, or if you are staying in France for a full course of studies. More information in video.


Renewal of the residence permit: as an international student who does not have the citizenship of a member state of the European Union, it is important to renew your visa, especially if you wish to continue your studies in France. It is possible to do this process online if you hold a student Long Stay Visa. More information in video.


The Campus France website https://www.campusfrance.org/en, the Youtube page https://www.youtube.com/c/campusfrance/videos and social networks are full of very useful information for all those who go or wish to study in France, follow us and consult them regularly!


Do not hesitate to contact your respective universities to find out about the many services in place to help international students upon their arrival. The Campus France Azerbaijan team can also advise and guide you through these procedures, particularly in obtaining your visa. Find our article on this subject here: https://www.ifa.az/fr/node/916 .




Füzuli küç., 67

AZ1014 Bakı şəh., Azərbaycan

Tel:  (+994) 12 596 35 80